Start Outlook Express
- Click on the [Start] button
- Click on [All Programs]
- Click on [Outlook Express]
If this the first time you have run Outlook Express on this computer....
If asked whether you'd like to open this particular account
automatically every time you start Outlook Express, click Yes (if
you do) or No (if you don't).
If you don't want to be asked this question again, click to check the
Always perform this check... box.
Check When Outlook Express starts, go directly to my Inbox.
Outlook Express directs all incoming mail to the Inbox, so it makes
sense to bypass this opening page.
If you don't see the list of folders and contacts on the left, click
Layout on the View menu. Click Contacts and
Folder List to check them, and then click OK.
Set Up an Outlook Express EMail
- Click on the [Tools] menu
- Click on [Accounts]
- Click on [Add]
- Click on [Mail]
- On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as
you want it to appear to everyone who gets e-mail from you, and then
- On the Internet Explorer Address page, type your e-mail
address, and then click Next.
- On the E-mail Server Names page, enter mail.edifax.com
for the incoming server and mail.edifax.com for the outgoing
server and then click Next.
- On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your Edifax
- Note: If you're concerned about unauthorized access to
your e-mail, click to clear the check in the Remember Password
box. You'll then be prompted for the password each time you send or
- Click [Next]
- Click [Finish]
Enable SMTP Authentication
Note: Checking this box is required only for those
accessing an Edifax mailbox while NOT using an Edifax dialup account.
- In the Internet Accounts window
click on the [Properties] menu
- Click the [Servers] tab at the
- Check the box [My server requires
- Click [OK] to save and close the
account properties window
- Click [Close] to close the Internet